Stored water losses from evaporation can total as much as 2 to 2.5 metres depth per year in many of Australia’s irrigation areas.
Independent testing has shown that evaporation can be reduced by 95% for every m2 covered by Evap Cap.
Other features of Evap Cap include:
- Significant reduction of algae
- Automatic rainfall harvest
- Reduction of salinity build up
- Reduction of wave-action that causes bank erosion
- Australian made for Australian (high UV) conditions
- Warranty 5 years (or up to 10 years for the thicker version).
Evaporation Ponds are also typically used to cover very large surface areas for the purpose of separating liquids from solids by exposure to sunlight. These have been used to separate water from ore in the mining industry; salt from seawater and water from hazardous waste to allow minimisation of transportation costs and disposal.
When selecting the most appropriate geomembrane, the following are to be considered:
- UV exposure
- Duration of project
- Chemical resistance
- Temperature range
Teneo has the required competencies to advise clients in material selection and design and can deliver quality installations on time and within budget.